So, it’s been a little bit quiet on here lately. Well truth is there’s been a LOT of quiet. Why? Because life is busy. It can challenge the crap out of you, and sometimes the last thing you wanna do is write a blog post.
Don’t worry I’m OK, and I haven’t lost my love for this little blog. I’ve just been somewhere else. Totally preoccupied with loads of stuff. Some good stuff, some ace stuff, some lovely stuff, some sad stuff and some seriously freakin’ hard stuff.
So here’s some of the stuff thats been going on…
The Good Stuff
1. My weekly hangs and chats with the gang at Ampersand. A big shout out to Alex, Olivia, Liam and Angus for keeping me in coffee, for all the warm hugs and always lending an ear.
2. Friday movie night hangs with Mini (my fave weekly ritual)
3. My Mum (she is ALWAYS there and I couldn’t get through stuff without her)
4. Road trips with my man
5. Corn chips (not sure I could survive without them, haha! #firstworldproblems)
6. Four Pillars Gin (their limited edition Bloody Shiraz Gin is THE BIZ!)
The Ace Stuff
1. My man. Realising how lucky I am to have found him after braving a tough divorce and all that goes with it. He really is the BEST!
2. Stumbling onto a really cool idea for a creative kids product through several slow Saturday morning sessions with Mini. Stay tuned, I can’t wait to share it with you!
3. Regular love notes from Mini which usually say something like “Hi Mum, I love you so, so, so, so much!” #ohmyheart
4. Catch ups with old mates, the ones that totally feed your soul and make everything OK in your world while you’re with them
5. The new Queens of The Stone Age album, it is SO bloody good.
The Lovely Stuff
1. Doing a flower crown workshop with Graham Ho from Tweed Twigs at Think Thornbury
2. Seeing the blossoms come out in Spring
3. Sitting in the park on a Saturday arvo – just me and my book basking in the sun
4. Calla lilies from Mum’s garden
The Sad Stuff
Can’t really get into this but my family have been going through some pretty hard emotional times. Stuff that keeps you awake at night, really worried about what the next day might bring. I think things are on the improve and I’m super hopeful that it continues.
The Seriously Freakin’ Hard Stuff
1. Can’t really get into this either. But safe to say, it’s not easy keeping your cool when you’re surrounded by (and get dragged into) a whole load of crappy politics.
2. And just when you think you have a handle on certain relationships, shit just comes out of nowhere to test the crap out of you.
3. AND I’ve had it with selfish people. They are EVERYWHERE.
So there you have it folks. How’s things with you?