One of my fave sites for interesting and inspiring life stuff is The Pool. It’s my weekly go-to and there’s no shortage of great (and very relatable) reads.
I’m sure you’ll agree that it seems like the world is going to pot, (umm… Trump!), so when I read this article, ‘Write down three good things that happened today’,it really struck a chord.
Based around the idea of capturing three good things that happen during the day, I decided to give it a go. I’ve set up a new file in ‘Notes’ on my phone, and even created a daily reminder to make a note of them.
So at 8pm each night, my reminder alert goes off. I think about my day and it’s pretty easy to find three good things to note. And it’s kind of become like a mini journal. A sweet little reminder that there are really good things that I usually take for granted.
It could be as simple as a funny chat with my barista, or Mum cooking us chicken schnitzel, or a date with my couch and Netflix!
So here’s a few of my ‘three good things’ that have made my world go round lately.
1. A work colleague complementing me on my lip gloss
2. Wrestling with Ava before bedtime
3. Super yum spag bol for dinner
1. Picking up the most gorgeous coral toned wax flowers at Preston market
2. A sweet little chat with Ava about her growing up and having children, along with choosing names too.
3. A fun exchange with the Mums at school drop off
1. Firewoman by The Cult, playing on iTunes shuffle on the way to work
2. Finding a rainbow at my feet as I left work for the day
3. Picking up two art pieces from the framers (one of Ava’s drawings and a painting by an artist friend)
1. 3 hr brekky with my gal pal Steph
2. Steph’s reaction to her birthday prez (‘best prezzie ever!’)
3. Mum cooking chicken schnitzel for us
1. Mum cooking tuna patties for us
2. Watching The School of Rock with Mum & Ava
3. Putting up the Christmas tree
So there you have it folks, lots of good little things that sometimes may go unnoticed. They’re always there and they are totally worth documenting. Even re-reading them now puts a smile on my face.
Wanna share some of your good things with me? I’d love to hear from you.
PS – My new Radical Yes kicks are getting a serious workout. How RAD are they?