Looking back over the years, there have been some significant events that have shaped my life in one way or another. Some big, some small, they all stand out in my memories, and in different ways – they have shaped me into who I am today.
1. When I was two and a half, my parents divorced, and I lived with my Mum until I left home at 22.
2. At primary school I won a fountain pen for the best cursive writing and calligraphy across grades 5 and 6.
3. At 69, after a long and painful struggle with cancer, my Nan died. I was only 14 and it shook my world.
4. When I was 16, I did work experience in a graphic design studio. After that I decided I was going to be a graphic designer.
5. At 19, I had two car accidents (within two months of each other). The first was minor, the second was pretty serious and I literally thought I was going to die.
6. I was in my 30s when I first travelled overseas. That was a game changer!
7. I lived, and worked in London for 2.5 years and during that time, I met and married an Englishman.
8. I had a small photography exhibition in 2009. I put myself out there and it was great.
9. During pregnancy I fractured both (yes both!) my hips. It remained undiagnosed for 6.5 months and I couldn’t walk during that time. I have since had a hip replacement on one hip and an osteotomy (don’t ask!) on the other hip. I have undergone four operations in four years – not so much fun!
10. I had Ava. She’s my only child and my partner in crime.
I guess if there was a number 11, it would be starting this blog. I’m super grateful about all the great things that have come from it, but that’s a whole other blog post!
Are there moments in your life that have changed you? I’d love to hear your stories.
Thanks for reading,