I was at Mum’s for Christmas Day, and today we’ll be at Dad’s for belated Christmas celebrations and seeing in the New Year. It’s gonna be a hot one and I’m so thankful there’s a pool to dive into when we need to cool off. I’ve also stocked up on Prosecco, which will go down a treat!
It will be lovely to hang out by the pool, and I know Ava will have a ball with her cousins. No doubt we will let her stay up late, and I’m taking some party poppers and glow sticks for a bit of fun.
As this year draws to a close, I thought I would take the opportunity to share some of our highlights of 2015.
– Seeing the amazing Romance Was Born for Kids exhibition at the NGV (twice!)
– Ava travelled with her Dad to England to visit her extended family
– Social media workshops and coaching sessions with the amazing ladies at The Digital Picnic
– Camping in the middle of the Hattah-Kulkyne National Park (near Mildura) over the Easter weekend
– Ava had her first sleepover slumber party
– A photography and styling workshop with the wonderful Little Me Collaborative
– A special theatre visit to Melbourne Recital Centre to see The Snowman accompanied by the MRC orchestra
– A weekend in Sydney with one of my gorgeous friends who I met in London in 2004
– I was a finalist in the Kidspot Top 100 for the Voices of 2015 Program (that’s the top 100 bloggers in Australia)
– Ava turned 5!
– We had our first professional photo shoot for Me&MyGirl
– I was featured in The Digital Picnic’s Graduate Series
– I was chosen to be part of the new blogger’s team over at Girl Bosses and here is my first post
– My article ‘Only But Not Lonely’ was published in MamaMag, both in print and online
– Ava graduated from kinder and had her orientation for starting Prep next year. Wow!
I saw some awesome live shows including the Foo Fighters, Kingswood (twice!), Lurch & Chief, Blur, Pearls, Teeth & Tongue, Jack Ladder and the Dreamlanders, The Drones and Augie March.
Last, but definitely not least, me&my.girl turned ONE! I have learned so much over the past year, and I’m really proud of how far we’ve come. There are lots of plans and collaborations in the works and I can’t wait to share them with you throughout 2016.
I am incredibly grateful for all the support from my family and friends, and all of you wonderful folks who read my posts and connect with me across our social streams. Thank you.
So Happy New Year! We hope you have a fab night. Bring on 2016!
Lauren & Ava xo
PS – Don’t you just love the ‘You’ve Got Flair’ badge set I found at Rubi Shoes last week? So fitting for tonight.