I haven’t done a ‘chats’ post for a while so here are some recent faves.
– ‘Mum, I’m in the wars today!’
– ‘Mum, why do you have holes in your jeans?’
– ‘Mum, I can’t decide which bag to take. Will you help me?’
– ‘Mum, did you fart? (No). Oh, well it must have been the Fart Fairy!’
– ‘Mum, tell me the truth. If I eat my crusts will my hair really go curly?’
– ‘Mum, if I swallow glitter, will I turn into glitter?’
Setting: In the morning getting ready for work and kinder.
Ava: ‘Mum, are you wearing all black today?’
Me: ‘Um, yes. Why?’
Ava: ‘Eeuwww, I don’t like black! But I like your shoes, they’re really pretty’
Setting: In car on way home from kinder.
Ava: ‘Mum, if I swallow a hair will I turn into a hairy monster?’
Me: (Giggling) ’No, of course not’.
Ava: ‘I know, I was only tricking you!’
Setting: While painting at home on a rainy day
Me: ‘I love those colours you mixed on that piece’.
Ava: ‘Yeah I know, I’ve been working on them all day’
Setting: Me in kitchen, Ava shouting at me from the back of the house
Ava: ‘Mum, do you know where I am?’
Ava: ‘How do you know?’
Me: ‘Just because I just know’.
Ava: ‘Is that because you have eyes on the back of your head?’
Here’s to our crazy kids and how much we love them x