Recently on Instagram, I’ve been seeing a lot of posts where people tag friends and ask them to share either a photo of themselves or something about their childhood etc. I was tagged by the lovely Eleanor (owner/designer at Happy Naps Story Cushions, who I met at a recent social media workshop) to share 20 facts about me.
After I had written my list, it occurred to me that I should share this with you as the first in a series of more personal posts about me, so here goes.
1. I was born in the 70s but don’t particularly like 70s music. Give me the 80s anyday.
2. Music plays a huge part in my life and I love going to see live gigs.
3. From the age of 5 through to 17, I did competitive dancing and singing.
4. At primary school I won a fountain pen for the best cursive writing/calligraphy across grades 5 and 6.
5. I grew up as an only child but have a step-sister and two half brothers from my Dad’s second marriage.
6. I went to a private girls school, but don’t hold that against me.
7. I studied Graphic Design at university but wish I had studied Photography (my true passion).
8. I like to think I would have been a pretty good photographer or maybe even an interior designer.
9. I lived in London for 2.5 years and during that time, I met and married an Englishman.
10. I only started drinking coffee when I got back from London in 2006.
11. I have one child, the lovely Miss Ava (aged 4.5) and am not planning to have any more.
12. During my pregnancy I fractured both (yes both!) my hips. It remained undiagnosed for 6.5 months and I couldn’t walk during that time. I have since had a hip replacement on one hip and an osteotomy (don’t ask!) on the other hip. I have undergone four operations in four years – not so much fun!
13. I collect vintage cameras which started when my Nan gave me her Box Brownie when I was young.
14. I had a small photography exhibition in 2005 and love the idea of exhibiting again in the future.
15. I love doing creative workshops and have done at least 8 in the last 2 years.
16. My fave item of clothing is my weathered black leather jacket I bought at Husk 5 years ago. It goes everywhere with me.
17. I’ve only been to New York City once, but would go back in a heartbeat. It’s the only other city in the world where I feel most at home.
18. I love all things Gorman and Kate Spade.
19. I have a serious obsession with stripes and spots.
20. Last but by no means least – I miss my Nan, who died at the age of 69. I dearly wish she could have met my beautiful girl.
I had to hunt around for some of the photos in this post and sorry about the quality of some of them, it’s a bit tricky to shoot actual printed photographs. Hope you enjoyed this and stay tuned xo