I just looked back at my first ‘chats’ post and laughed out loud. It seems a lot of you did too so I thought I would make it a regular thing. Here are some recent faves.
– ‘Mum, are Queens of the Stone Age from Queens?’
– ‘Mum, my neck is killing me!’
– ‘Please can I have some more Sir?’ (to her Dad at dinner time)
– ‘I’m going to pull your eyelashes out! Actually I’m only joking!’
– ‘I love olives. (Why?) Because they’re salty and I love salt’.
– (Singing) ‘Put your hands up in the air, like you just don’t care!’
– ‘Hey Mum, for my next party how about we have a celebration and throw confetti everywhere?’ (All of this is running through her head at 7.45am)
Setting: Saturday morning lying in bed.
Me: ‘What would you like to do today?’.
Ava: ‘How about we go to a pub for lunch? One that has lemonade’.
Setting: In car on way home from kinder.
Ava: ‘Mum, are you scared?’.
Me: ‘No, why?’.
Ava: ‘Because there’s cops in front of us and you’re usually scared’.
Setting: At bedtime.
Me: ‘I love you to the moon and back’. (Like in the ‘Guess How Much I Love You?’ book)
Ava: ‘I love you until it’s Christmas. I love you before it’s Christmas and even when it IS Christmas’.
My top fave:
– ‘Oh yeah, I’m breaking it down!’
Saying this while walking across the room and stopping to wiggle her bum at the end!. I’m guessing she got this from Pharrell’s song ‘Happy’ but who knows.
Here’s to our crazy kids and how much we love them x